On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 19:28:25 +0000, Victor wrote:

> Frederic Crozat wrote:

>>>but kernel's ntfs.o remains buggy :-(

>>If you don't give ANY error message, how can you expect we provide any
>>help ??
>>
> $ gnome-font-properties
>
> ** (gnome-font-properties:26637): WARNING **: Cannot open font file for
> font Arial 12
>
> ** (gnome-font-properties:26637): WARNING **: Cannot open fallback font,
> nothing to do

It seems your font configuration is completely f*ck up :((

Check that both /etc/X11/fs/config and /etc/X11/fs/XftConfig are correct..
You should also run ttmkfdir on directories where fonts were added..

Try starting GNOME with GDK_USE_XFT=0 to see if it is an Xft config
problem or xfs config problem..

--
Frederic Crozat
MandrakeSoft