Luca Olivetti wrote:
Götz Waschk wrote:

Am Dienstag, 4. März 2003, 17:56:35 Uhr MET, schrieb Luca Olivetti:

I don't know about glx, but I tried playing a movie with mplayer on an ltsp terminal and it is using xv, the message is "Shared memory not available, reverting to normal Xv".
The real issue is sound, it is difficult to get all applications working in a consistent way, thankfully mplayer has a nas audio plugin.

That's true, MPlayer defaults to XShm if you compile it on a machine with xshm support. Try xine, it can play to a remote X display.

mplayer plays just fine *and* uses xv, I was reporting the message for completeness.

Bye

mplayer 0.90rc4 can player remotely too (use -vo x11 if -vo xv is not working remotely in that case).

Bye.
Giuseppe.