Luca Olivetti wrote:
Giuseppe Ghibò wrote:

mplayer plays just fine *and* uses xv, I was reporting the message for completeness.

Bye

mplayer 0.90rc4 can player remotely too (use -vo x11 if -vo xv is not working remotely in that case).

$ rpm -q mplayer
mplayer-0.90-0.rc4.4plf

anyway the original question was if glx/xv work remotely, I just used mplayer to test remote xv :-)

glx 3D acceleration doesn't work remotely, or to be honest what is not
work remotely is DRI. To get glx working remotely you need Indirect
Rendering, available for instance on old Utah GLX (works only on XF 3.3.6), which allows to obtain 3D acceleration even remotely. Maybe some other glx library not using DRI could offer that too.

Bye.
Giuseppe.