On 10/10/18 8:44 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi Mandy,

On 10/10/2018 16:32, Mandy Chung wrote:

Alternatively, this can link to java.util.Formatter class as the text is "format string".  It seems that Formatter class fits better with the SimpleFormatter class description than String.format.

Right - I was afraid of possible confusion between
java.util.logging.Formatter and java.util.Formatter, and the
spec shows a call to String.format(....) when explaining how
the LogRecord is formatted...

But if you still think that
{@linkplain java.util.Formatter format string}
is a better link - let me know - I'll make the change.

The javadoc of SimpleFormatter::format(LogRecord) method does describe the format argument is a java.util.Formatter format string.   Also the class description also links to this method.  So I think these two broken links can simply be removed and the spec about the formatting is in the SimpleFormatter::format method javadoc.  What do you think?

Mandy