I'd like to re-boot this review. I've been working with Erik off thread who's been helping with code and test design.

Some of the main changes worthy of highlighting :

* Separate out the tests for JFR and Logger events
* Rename some events
* Normalize the data view for X509ValidationEvent (old event name : CertChainEvent) * Introduce CertificateSerialNumber type to make use of the @Relational JFR annotation. * Keep calls for JFR event operations local to call site to optimize jvm compilation

webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8148188.v6/webrev/

This code is dependent on the JDK-8203629 enhancement being integrated.

Regards,
Sean.