On Tue, 7 May 2024 05:52:12 GMT, Rémi Forax <fo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this PR which introduces the `java.io.IO` top-level class and
>> three methods to `java.io.Console` for [Implicitly Declared Classes and
>> Instance Main Methods (Third Preview)].
>>
>> This PR has been obtained as `git merge --squash` of a now obsolete [draft
>> PR].
>>
>> [Implicitly Declared Classes and Instance Main Methods (Third Preview)]:
>> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8323335
>> [draft PR]: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/18921
>
> src/jdk.internal.le/share/classes/jdk/internal/org/jline/JdkConsoleProviderImpl.java
>  line 88:
>
>> 86:         @Override
>> 87:         public JdkConsole println(Object obj) {
>> 88:             writer().println(obj);
>
> the result of 'writer()' can be stored in a local variable (printing code are
> not JITed as often as the rest of the codes)

I assume it's about performance. If so, I would defer any performance-related
tweaks until they are necessary. Interactive reading from console does not
sound like something requiring that level of performance tweaking.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19112#discussion_r1592303463