On 17/05/2024 9:43 pm, Aman Sharma wrote:
Hi Chen,

 > java.lang.invoke.LambdaForm$MH/0x00000200cc000400

I do see this as output when I pass -verbose:class. However, based on my experiments, I have seen that neither an agent passed via 'javaagent' nor an agent passed via 'agentpath' is able to intercept this hidden class.

How did you try to intercept them? Hidden classes are not "loaded" in the normal sense so won't trigger class load events.

Also, I was a bit confused since I saw somewhere that the names of hidden classes are null. But thanks for clarifying here.

The JEP clearly defines the name format for hidden classes - though the final component is VM specific (and typically a hashcode).

https://openjdk.org/jeps/371

Cheers,
David
-----

 > avoid dynamic class loading

I don't see dynamic class loading as a problem. I only mind some unstable generation aspects of them which make it hard to verify them based on an allowlist.

For example, if this hidden class is generated with the exact same name and the exact same bytecode during runtime as well, it would be easy to verify it. However, I do see the names are based on some sort of memory address so and I don't know what bytecode it has so I don't have suggestions to make them stable as of now. For Proxy classes, I feel it can be addressed unless you disagree or some involved in Project Leyden does. :) Thank you for forwarding my mail there.

Regards,
Aman Sharma

PhD Student
KTH Royal Institute of Technology