I am searching for any evidence of a James Black (believed to have been born in
Scotland), living in County Tyrone around 1848-1871.
He had a son, Alexander Black, who was born in August, 1851.  Alexander
emigrated to Canada in 1871, reportedly as a "Remittance Man", paid an annual
sum NOT to return to Ireland.  He was an active member of the Orange Order in
Canada, so I would presume that his father was also. In Canada, Alexander used
the surname of Hillman-Black, and said that his mother was Mary Hillman.
He sailed from Londonderry in April 1871, arriving in Quebec on May 2.

I have searched the online Irish records, without success.
I would greatly appreciate any information, or clues, to help me find the
family of my paternal great-grandfather.
Lynton "Bill" stewarttheoldme...@att.net