Boyd:
Unfortunately, emigrants to Canada from anywhere in the British Isles
(including all of Ireland in the 19th century) were just considered as moving
from one part of the country to another.  No records, other the passenger
lists, were kept of their movements.
His grandchildren referred to him as being "the meanest SOB in Canada", and
said that he had a rabid hatred of Catholics.  Supposedly, he was forced to
emigrate because he had gotten a Catholic girl pregnant.
His name changes from one census to another, but it always has Alexander
Hillman-Black in it.  One of the censuses list him as "George Alexander
Hillman-Black".
His death certificate lists his father as "James Black", born in Scotland; and
his mother as being "Mary Hillman", born in Ireland.  He is just listed as
being born in Ireland, with no place named.
I have NOT been able to locate a marriage record for him.  He married a
"half-breed" (meaning of mixed Native and British ancestry) in Manitoba Canada
and they had 12 children.  This was all before Manitoba required the "Long
Form" birth record (indicating where each of the parents were born).
He is a bit of an enigma, wrapped in a puzzle.  He is somewhat like the "little
man that wasn't really there".
Thank you for looking for them for me.
Lynton Stewart

    On Friday, March 29, 2019, 9:33:16 AM CDT, Boyd Gray <boydgra...@gmail.com>