-Caveat Lector-

  The 144,000 are the Jews that are left behind after the Rapture of the
Church.  Revelation is clearly speaking of the 12 tribes of Israel as it
even names each one.

[Rev 7:4] And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were
sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the
children of Israel.

[Rev 7:5] Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of
Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve
thousand.

[Rev 7:6] Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of
Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed
twelve thousand.

[Rev 7:7] Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe
of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed
twelve thousand.

[Rev 7:8] Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe
of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed
twelve thousand.

Now you do the math. 12*12=144 now just add the three 0's and there you have
it.

 So, 144,000 aren't the only people going to heaven as you thought...

Jamie

> Not to beat a dead fish, but I revel in quoting Matthew 7:20-27 (NIV) to
> "Christians":
>
>      "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of
> heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
>      "Many will say to me on [judgment] day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not
prophesy
> in thy name, and in your name drive out demons, and perform many
miracles?'
>      "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you.  Away from me, you
> evildoers!"
>
> That's Jesus Christ talking to CHRISTIANS, please note.
>
>      If you want to take "The Word of God" LITERALLY, there'll be only
> 144,000 saved at Endtime.  Let's do the math.  That's only 72 new "good"
> people WORLDWIDE for each of Christianity's 2000 years.  Since Constantine
> made Christianity the official religion of what became Western
Civilization,