-Caveat Lector-

nessie wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> They real issue is not how many Jews were killed. One was too many. The
> real issue is that certain people claim that the Holocaust was ONLY about
> Jews. Nothing could be further from the truth.
>
> For details see: http://www.sfbg.com/nessie/26.html

Holocaust = A burnt sacrifice to god. This is a Jewish concept, from the
Jewish bible. It was applied to the Jews who were gassesd and sent up in
smoke.

This is NOT a generic term for genocide. Can you gentiles understand this
or do you need me to break it down into monosyllables?

When you use the term holocaust, you are ONLY talking about the Jewish
part of what happened in Christian Europe to the Jews.

If you want to generalize about genocide, then you have to use a different
word. If you say that the Germans practiced genocide in WWII, that would
include the Gypsies, the Jews, the Orthodox Serbs and some I don't know about.

When Jews talk about the holocaust they talk about their own part of it.

If you would like to talk about a different part of WWII make up you own
word.

Joshua2