-Caveat Lector-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:05:39 -0500
From: "Robert E. Nordlander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PalestineDiary] Mogen David  over Foggy Bottom-Some interesting quotations

"The Zionist lobby has a hobby
Leading Congress by the nose,
So anywhere the lobby points
There surely Congress goes."

        Dr. Edwin Wright
   former US State Dept. employee and
   interpreter for President Eisenhower

"We can't have all our policies made in Jerusalem."

WARRIORS AT SUEZ by Donald Neff, p. 432

Secretary of State John Foster Dulles

"I am aware how almost impossible it is in this country to carry out a
foreign policy not approved by the Jews. Marshall and Forrestal
learned that. I am going to try to have one."

Ibid., p. 433

"I am very much concerned over the fact that the Jewish influence
here is completely dominating the scene and making it almost
impossible to get Congress to do anything they don't approve of.
The Israeli embassy is practically dictating to the Congress
through influential Jewish people in this country."

Ibid.

"A great deal depends on whether Ben Gurion can control our
government through the Jewish pressure here.

Ibid.

"There is a strong Jewish lobby. I do not understand why
the Jewish community should resent it being labeled as
such. They are a very effective lobby."  (Rep. Paul M.
McCloskey, July 7, 1981, A CHANGING IMAGE:
AMERICAN PERCEPTIONS OF THE ARAB-ISRAELI
DISPUTE. Richard H. Curtiss, p. 262.).

         "We have to respect the views of our Jewish
citizens, but not be controlled by them." (IBID., p .268).

         "I've never seen a President--I don't care who he is--
stand up to them...They always get what they want. The
Israelis know what is going on all the time. I got to the
point where I wasn't writing anything down. If the American
people understood what a grip these people have got
on our government, they would rise up in arms."
(Admiral Thomas Moorer, Former Chairman, Joint
Chiefs of Staff, 1984, IBID., p. 267).

         "Don't look to Congress to act. All we know is how to
increase aid to Israel."
(Rep. Lee Hamilton, IBID., p. 339).

         "The death of U.S. Senator Henry Jackson has been
one of the greatest losses Israel has suffered during the
past 10 years...He was a one-man Israeli Army."
(IBID., [Editorial in Israeli newspaper
YEDIOT AHARONOT, November 9, 1983]).

         "Long ago I decided that I'd vote for anything AIPAC
wants...I don't need the trouble (pro-Israel lobbyists) can
cause. I made up my mind I would get and keep their
support..." (Rep. Clarence D. Long, 1982, IBID.).

         "..."It is no overstatement to say that AIPAC has
effectively gained control of virtually all of Capitol Hill's
action on Middle East policy. Almost without exception,
House and Senate members do its bidding, because
most of them consider AIPAC to be the direct Capitol
Hill representative of political forces that can make or
break their chances at election time." (Paul Findley,
Former Representative, 1985, IBID.).

         "At the State Department we used to predict
that if Israel's prime minister should announce that t
he world is flat, within 24 hours Congress would pass
a resolution congratulating him on the discovery."
(Don Bergus, Former Ambassador to Sudan, 1985, IBID.).

         "The discussion in this chapter ["The
Israeli Lobby"] leads to the conclusion that
the power of the Israeli lobby over the formation
  and execution of U.S. Middle East policy has
become a virtual stranglehold." (p. 374,
University of Illinois Press, Chicago.).

Cheryl Rubenberg,

At 07:41 AM 10/19/01 -0700, you wrote:
>The Arabists have been steering the State Department now for decades.
>Even after 11 September we hear the fiction that Islam is a religion
>(howzzat grabya?) of peace.
>
>State even compelled the Zionists to recognize and aid Croatia.
>

>A refreshing change from the Clinton administrations when the Zionists
>ran the show.
>
>RN

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Gi0tnD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/hkJplB/TM