I'm forever replying to sender as an individual, instead of the group-sender by hitting "reply". Someone hinted that this was some old flame war, etc. Out of PURE ignorance and being fairly new to this provenance, is there a reason behind it that makes sense?

The various Debian lists are the only lists I've encountered since the days of Slackware floppy installs that acts in this fashion hitting reply, which replies to individual sender instead of the group-sender.

I'd just like to be less ignorant. Thanks, in advance, for any reasoned replies. Ric