On 10/22/2014 10:41 AM, Don Armstrong wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2014, Joel Rees wrote:
If the debian community is not unfriendly to a fork (particularly as
an alternative to the acrimony about systemd), why would some
discussion here be inappropriate?

Because the fork would no longer be Debian, and it has nothing to do
with the support of Debian. Debian has lots of forks and derivatives,
but they were formed by people actually sitting down and doing the work,
not agitating for the fork/derivative on Debian mailing lists.

Can I have an amen? I really want to learn more about systemd from other users. I see a lot of rants but zero constructive tips. Darn tooting it will be a LOT for a 65 year old brain to absorb. So, I'm just starting on my own, which is a damn shame. I do see it has some potential to solve some of the problems I run into with clustering regarding hardware state, hot-swapping, and reboot on failure . Ric

Linux user# 44256