Hi Mantha

There isn't a readily-available crosswalk, but there might just be a
workaround. I can give you some resources but you would have to be
*extremely* careful while matching stuff across these data sets because
district, AC, and PIN code *boundaries are very fluid* and keep changing.
You will have to keep a track of whether your matching makes any sense.

You can use the file named "AC_predelim_District_intersect.csv" (which is
an AC-District crosswalk) from this folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rt0tldkybbdccmb/AAChviOyKfqZo3zPpe84xGyHa?dl=0

Please read the paper that is included in the folder to get context on why
the data is constructed the way it is.

And then you can use the following District-PIN code crosswalks as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fmodu1b1iwjdw5n/AADSbbXnRP0lxkqi-CpJEZ59a?dl=0

You can perhaps merge both types of crosswalks by *district name* (you will
have to either do approximate string matching, or do it manually for
precision; again, district names usually have different spellings in
different data sets, so you have to be quite careful; also, district A in
year one might split into district A and district B in year 2) and you
should have what you need. However, once again, be EXTREMELY careful of
whether what you are doing makes sense. This is because district X in year
1 may contain AC Y inside it, but in year 2 district X may or may not
contain AC Y within its boundary. So please be really aware of boundary
dynamics while merging these crosswalks. It is not going to be an easy
task, may require you to look at some other resources as well (like
district census numbers and boundaries by year, AC numbers and boundaries
by year, etc), and may require several iterations as well before you have
the correct crosswalk.

Thanks and regards.

Yours sincerely

*Shiv Hastawala*

(He/His/Him)
Doctoral Student
Department of Economics
Binghamton University (State University of New York)

Zoom ID: 201 717 2613

www.shivhastawala.com