On Wed, 19 Jul 2023 at 01:18, Charles Plessy <ple...@debian.org> wrote:

> Le Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 12:00:20AM +0100, Luca Boccassi a écrit :
> >
> > Because the intention is not to claim the package for myself (far from
> > it! I already maintain too many...), but to open it up for uploads to
> > anybody who is part of the Salsa team (or wants to join it), removing
> > any barriers.
>
> Hi Luca,
>
> `dch --team` is your friend :) https://wiki.debian.org/TeamUpload

I am aware of that, that's not the point I'm trying to make. The point
is that having anyone explicitly named assigns ownership and is a
barrier for others to contribute.

> There must be at least one personal email address in either Maintainer
> or Uploader
> (https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s-maintainer),
> so if the current Uploaders agree, replacing them would be a service to
> the team, not a claim of ownership!

Is that a technical reason? IE, would dak or other tools refuse it if
not? It would seem strange, given it can't possibly know what's
"personal" and what's a team. Policy is just policy and can be changed
if it's not adequate anymore.

Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi