Hi Luca,

(1-month lag explained by heavy post-release burnout, which I'm fighting
hard(er) today to make sure Helmut can make progress.)

Luca Boccassi <bl...@debian.org> (2023-07-18):
> So, I want to propose to move the package to exclusively team
> maintained, drop the Uploaders field, leave only the Maintainer field
> with the current team as-is, and ask anybody who wants to help maintain
> it to join the installer-team on Salsa and just send changes as MRs,
> help review/merge them, and do normal uploads, without marking them as
> NMU nor feeling the need to treat them as NMUs - no need to contact
> uploaders to ask permissions, delayed uploads, or anything like that.

As others have already pointed out: team uploads are just fine, anyone
(listed or not in Uploaders) can upload, and we're happy to add people
to the team on Salsa.

I suspect some people in Debian still expect to retain full “ownership”
on “their” packages, but it really looks to me the project in general
moved to a less territorial approach a number of years ago.

As for d-i packages and debootstrap in particular, see my digression
in #1049898 (https://bugs.debian.org/1049898#15).

Also and again: thanks for your work on debootstrap since last year.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>