Cyril Brulebois <k...@debian.org> writes:

> Philip Hands <p...@hands.com> (2024-04-14):
>> I realised that there might be a way to kludge around the current D-I
>> build failures, so I gave it a try and it seems to work:
>>

>> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/merge_requests/45
>>
>> That creates dummy udebs with the missing names, where each depends upon
>> the matching udeb that actually exists. Dropping them into localudebs.
>>
>> That's enough to get D-I to build in salsa pipelines, such that one gets
>> a mini-ISO to test.
>>
>> It may be enough to get D-I and debian-cd back to the point where we can
>> produce daily images etc. but I'm not completely sure about that bit
>> (perhaps the use of localudebs is enough to make debian-cd grumpy?)
>>
>> Anyway, it's currently broken anyway, so perhaps it's worth giving it a
>> go, and then reverting the commit once the proper fixes become
>> available.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I'd rather see actual progress in getting packages fixed. So far I haven't
> been chasing because I thought people would be busy rebuilding the world, in
> the right order, and patching things along, but I had hoped to get *some*
> kind of feedback after filing those bug reports and putting people driving
> changes in the loop.

I too had rather hoped that it would already have been fixed by now.

On the other hand, it's taken over a month so far. Rather than living in
hope for another month, I thought it might be worth removing this as a
blocker (I've had to tell a couple of people that they'll need to wait
before they can do their salsa-CI tests :-/ )

I can just tell branch2repo to use the 'philh' D-I repo in the mean
time, and that'll fix the salsa-CI side of things, but that doesn't help
debian-cd or people's ability to build D-I locally.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Philip Hands -- https://hands.com/~phil