On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 06:20:46PM -0400, Adam McKenna wrote:
> So?  Anyone who asked for that would be unreasonable.  Besides, nobody's mail
> server is telneting to your port 25 to see what your SMTP greeting says --
> that would be insane.  It's a simple double-lookup.  The PTR record is
> queried, and checked to see if it matches that particular A record.  Not all
> MTA's even do this.
>
> The only other check that some MTA's perform is checking that the domain in
> the Mail From: header (the envelope sender) is a real domain.
>
> To sum up, your particular problem is not with DNS, it's with some fool
> arbitrarily blocking either you in particular, or some larger network which
> includes you.

I don't have such a problem.  As you have agreed, any such requirement
would be unreasonable, so why are we arguing?

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>               GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3

=== This letter is the Honor System Virus ====
If you are running a Macintosh, OS/2, Unix, or
Linux computer, please randomly delete
several files from your hard disk drive and
forward this message to everyone you know.