previously on this list Jonathan Dowland contributed:

> > Couldn't they just be ignored not to mention already having existing or
> > far more functional and robust *options* that work with any init system.
>
> A cursory glance at the example above…
>
> > > PrivateTmp=yes
> > > InaccessibleDirectories=/home
>
> …would suggest that simply ignoring such things could be a major
> security concern. So, no.

Well I meant that they would be used by systemd and ignored likely
noisily by default by others. However this really should be the job of
the service in any case as depending on a third party service for
security that isn't extra such as potentially PrivateTmp that
apache/php may need (likely in a /var chroot in this case though) is
asking for trouble.

> > and on another matter I personally much prefer a setcap (again or other
> > options like RBAC) shell line to
> >
> > CapabilityBoundingSet=CAP_SYS_TIME
>
> Presumably your preference is not purely down to syntax. What is it
> down to?

For something that is as long and no more descriptive than the shell
it replaces it is simply adding obfuscation that fails to teach anything
useful to users for use in other contexts and doesn't have a man page
which like so often on Linux needs improving for setcap but that is of
no importance to the better practice of empowering users who may
become the next generation of devs.

> > No it isn't and has been argued over not long ago, so as I have been
> > requested to and am now trying (even harder) it would be good if we
> > could keep the S/N ratio down.

> I'm afraid you're failing with sentences such as the above.

True and certainly could have been worded more tactfully. I was
referring to the thread from the 27th Aug entitled

Custom Reload command/signal in upstart

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)