Hi Charles,

Op zaterdag 26 april 2014 14:29:44 schreef Charles Plessy:
> Le Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:11:58PM -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :

> > > Hi Paul and everybody,
> > >
> > > it would be a great advantage for Debian over the other
distributions to
> > > have the capacity to install multiple versions concurrently.
> >
> > No, no it wouldn't.
> >
> > This is how rpm handles library packages.  It's a horror show.
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> we have been fighting bitterly over the years, we have different points of
> view, and it does not seem like we will be thiking along the same lines
> anytime soon.
>
> When you post on debian-devel or other lists and I disagree, I try to
> refrain myself from juping on the keyboard and to instead give time to
> others to express their disagreement.  If nobody answers, I also take it
as
> a sign that I probably should not answer as well.
>
> Could I ask you to do the same for me ?

While I subscribe to your request for Steve to be considerate (heck, I
wouldn't have caused GR 2014-002 if I didn't), I don't think asking him not
to reply to you is a reasonable request.

Steve is a valued technical contributor who through more than a decade of
experience has valuable insights to add to many parts of Debian. Asking
him to keep that technical advise to him for personal reasons seems like a
wrong thing to do.

The above-quoted mail could maybe use a bit more explanation as to why
Steve thinks of your suggestion as a bad idea. However, that doesn't make
him wrong, nor should it imply that he should have refrained from sending
it.

Thanks,

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26