previously on this list Russ Allbery contributed:

> by the non-stop sniping (for *months* now) by people like Kevin Chadwick,

Well I have only responded to incorrect statements and have tried to
ignore any that are not from debian developers and may not affect the
future of debian but you can't always tell if the person is a debian
developer or not (no @debian.org or footer).

I shall do myself and some of you a favour however but maybe not the
world and unsubscribe as I think I will be unable to ignore everything
especially incorrect or innacurate sweeping statements such as found
on the following link which I assume is a form of consensus from the
developers.

https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd

"Embedded systems benefit from speed improvements, shell-less design,
ability to remove optional components, and lower memory footprint."

Perhaps I should mention that some of my work involves programming
embedded systems including linux and deeper embedded.

I have been considering my options (Slackware, but hopefully and
most beneficially Openbsd and a linux kernel) recently anyway and
whilst I won't cut off my nose to spite my face. I have been wondering
if whilst having debian repos available of so many packages is
convenient offline perhaps it is limiting me to an out of date subset
of available compilable code when most additional tools are small and I
am quite capable of fixing any issues with impact. Threads have also
brought into question the security of those repos and DVDs, where I
thought it was rather higher (atleast I know how trustable a program is
if I download it manually).

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)