> How many users actually did this?

I did! And aster not getting in serious trouble with it, I completely changed
to it.
> https://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packag aes=systemd
>
> before 2014 and the begin of the debate - less than 1000
>
> Less than 1000 while sysvinit beeing at 170k is 0.5%.
>
> Compare that to the exim4 vs. postfix debate - We have postfix at 30K
> constantly growing since 2007 and exim4 at 120K - thats 25% - And still we
> dont switch to postfix by default.

Yes, and this is the real freedom: choose whaterver software you want and take
all by default installed sopftware as a suggestion.

Populary-contest might change it from release to release, but you can use any
software you personally prefer. How cool is that?

> I dont get it.

Me, too.  Sigh.........

> Flo

Hans