Hi,

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 12:03:00PM +0100, Martin Bagge / brother wrote:
> On 2017-03-23 07:50, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> > I wonder if we could just add a boolean debconf question for this.
> > It could setup /etc/chromium.d/remote-extensions based on the answer
> > and provide some (dis)advantages info for selecting either option.
>
> Probably hard to do that without violating the importancy level of a
> debconf message.
>
> "Copyright messages do not count as vitally important (they belong in
> /usr/share/doc/package/copyright); neither do instructions on how to use
> a program (these should be in on-line documentation, where all the users
> can see them)."
>  - 3.9.1 in policy

My proposal is not an instruction how to use the program, but an
option changing the usability VS security aspect of the program.
The information is just there, so that the user knows what his choice
implies.

I wasn't aware, that the graphical software installation solutions
do not ask debconf questions, though.

-- Sebastian