On Sat, 09 Jan 2021 at 08:22:26 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I ran /usr/share/lighttpd/create-mime.conf.pl and only had duplicate
> warnings, that do not cause errors (the scripts returns 0).
> In the latest CI log of lighttpd on amd64, there is:
>
>     defconfig            FAIL stderr: Duplicate mimetype: '.sdf' =>
> 'application/vnd.stardivision.math' (already have 'application/vnd.Kinar'),
> merging to 'application/octet-stream'

By default, autopkgtest considers any output on stderr to be a failure,
so warnings will make this test fail, unless it's marked with
Restrictions: allow-stderr.

lighttpd maintainers: please consider whether it should be considered to
be a pass or a fail if this particular test has output on stderr but
exits 0? If it should pass, please add Restrictions: allow-stderr.

(It isn't really clear whether considering stderr to be a failure by
default was a good idea or a design mistake - it depends on the test,
and can be argued both ways. However, it's part of the autopkgtest spec,
so changing it now would be more trouble than it's worth.)

    smcv