Hi Helmut, and everybody,

I have just uploaded media-types 4.0.0, which I hope removes all
regressions regarding duplicated file extensions in the `application/`
types.

Interestingly, there has been duplicates in our `mime.types` file for a
long time, but never within the `application/` type.  Several subtypes
are listed under both `text/` and `application/`, for instance `x-sh`.
I have left this unchanged as we are close to the release.

The changes I made are described in `debian/changelog` of course, and
I also kept a record of the cases where an arbitrary decision is needed
in the source package's `README.md` file.

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/media-types/-/blob/4.0.0/debian/changelog

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/media-types/-/blob/master/README.md

Le Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 08:23:24AM +0100, Helmut Grohne a écrit :

> That still leaves the question of why extensions suddenly are case
> sensitive (another regression of media-types) even though most consumers
> treat them as case insensitive. Alexandre Duret-Lutz filed #979554 to
> that end and we're still waiting for a response from Charles.

Earlier release of Debian already shipped a `mime.types` file with
upper-case file extension, so I think that their presence is not a
regression, although I agree that it might be a problem.  I propose
to resolve that in the next release.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                         Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med