We use Keycloak in both at office and in international projects as backbones of relatively big and federated SSO systems, and it works fine.

It's not very hard to deploy and configure on bare metal. Enabling its own HTTPS/SSL features are also relatively straightforward.

I'm sure that it can handle a project at the size of Debian. It handles traffic from half of EU (as a part of EGI SSO infrastructure) just fine.

Cheers,

Hakan