On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 11:20:10AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Am 2022-10-18 04:52, schrieb Paul Wise:
> > > Salsa should be there for git (related) things.
> > > NOT as an identity/login provider for Debian

Please formally retract the agreement that was forged two years ago
then.  I properly referenced it already.  Until then, it still is an
identity provider.

> No, it is a bad, not a good thing, to use Salsa for this.
> Salsa is a "repository service" with some added nice features related to
> them. It is good at that, yay. Fine.

No, it is much more then a repository system.

> Salsa is really bad as an identity/authentication service. Having a salsa
> account does NOT mean ANYTHING related to Debian, like DM/DD/whatever.

It is an identity provider, yes.  It provides a fixed identity.
Further information are optional.  Where are they required?

>                                                                        And
> thats information that such a service ought to provide too.

This is the Debian LDAP.

>                                                             It also does not
> allow any kind of useful management of identities besides "the account is
> there/blocked/deleted". And so, as soon as you would want to NOT allow
> someone a login to a service that uses salsa as a login service - you need
> to delete their account. Including their repositories and abilities there.
> Not good.

When exactly do you want to do that and how would that work?

Bastian

--
Women are more easily and more deeply terrified ... generating more
sheer horror than the male of the species.