On 2023-01-18 Otto Kekäläinen <o...@kekalainen.net> wrote:
> Lintian just started erroring on 'depends-on-obsolete-package
> lsb-base' on many of my packages yesterday. There are no new uploads
[...]
> Does somebody know what is going on?

> Example:
> E: mariadb-server: depends-on-obsolete-package Depends: lsb-base (>= 3.0-10)

That is this change
  * Remove init.d-script-needs-depends-on-lsb-base and add lsb-base to
    obsolete-packages. (Closes: #1019851)

from this commit:

commit 97f742b00553a4dd7ba681aefa4cc164ea263f71
    Remove init.d-script-needs-depends-on-lsb-base and add lsb-base to
obsolete-packages

    The functionality of lsb-base is in the Essential:yes set since
    Bullseye. The package itself is now an empty transitional package
    (because debootstrap doesn't understand the Provides relationship) which
    depends on the new provider of the functionality, sysvinit-utils, which
    is also in the Essential:yes set.

    Closes: #1019851

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'