On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 08:19:15AM -0800, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> Lintian just started erroring on 'depends-on-obsolete-package
> lsb-base' on many of my packages yesterday.

It's a very low priority cleanup; the Depends is redundant but
harmless.

> There are no new uploads of lsb-base recently

Relevant changes are from September.  The lsb-base package is empty,
and would have been gone completely if debootstrap understood Provides.

> and I did not find any news about this topic. The
> Lintian page https://lintian.debian.org/tags/depends-on-obsolete-package
> is only about the error in general, not any mention of lsb-base
> specific changes.

The description of "$PACKAGE1 => $PACKAGE2" are clear enough, of
"$PACKAGE => nothing" a bit less, indeed.  You can just drop the dependency.

> Does somebody know what is going on?
>
> Example:
> E: mariadb-server: depends-on-obsolete-package Depends: lsb-base (>= 3.0-10)

The severity of this warning is grossly overstated.  It shouldn't be an
"error" but a "mild warning to fix if you're bored".

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Let's make a Debian conference in Yalta, Ukraine.