El 28/1/23 a las 10:11, Vincent Bernat escribió:
On 2023-01-28 00:20, Santiago Vila wrote:
Release Policy exists as a canonical list of what should be RC and > what not,
and it's intended to avoid stupid discussions like this one.

Extending build-essential is easier than asking many people to do pointless
work to satisfy a set of non-existing users. It is not like we had several
reports of people complaining they can't build a package because they are in an
environment without tzdata. It is not OK to create problems to force many
volunteers to do extra work.

Of course, declaring something as not a bug is easier than fixing the bug.

But there are several points to consider:

* The "extra work" is adding a single line to debian/control.
* This is not the right time for a policy change.
* I already filed all the bugs I found after building the whole of bookworm
from source. I do not expect
there are a lot of unreported bugs right now of that type.
* Most of the bugs I reported about this are already fixed.
* Those bugs are a drop in the ocean of all FTBFS bugs which happened during
this release cycle.
* Those bugs are RC by definition and have been for a long time.

Therefore, this discussion is absolutely pointless.

So please stop harassing me about this issue.

Thanks.