John Goerzen dijo [Wed, May 31, 2023 at 07:29:38AM -0500]:
> (...)
> I guess the question is: is this use case too niche for Debian to
> continue supporting?  I would suggest that as long as we have 32-bit
> ARM, are the challenges for 32-bit x86 really worse?

Do note, however, the ARM64 started appearing in consumer devices
maybe around 2015, ten years later than AMD64. And nowadays there are
still (although few) ARM32 systems being produced --- I know it's even
funny to refer to them giving the stock shortage that's been biting
them for already too long, but i.e. the lowest Raspberry Pi models
(Zero, 1A, 1B -- the ones that need armel) have "obsolescence
statements" committing to have them produced at least until January
2026¹.

¹ https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-zero-w/
  https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-1-model-a-plus/
  https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-1-model-b-plus/