On Sun, Jul 23, 2023 at 08:36:53PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> On Sun, 23, Jul, 2023 at 08:36:15PM +0200, Paul Gevers spoke thus..
> > Speaking as a member of the Release Team, but without having consulted with
> > the others, I think we're OK with the removal.
> >
> > I have not been involved in removal of an architecture before, I think it's
> > the Release Team configuration of britney2 that needs to change as the first
> > step or at least at the same time as the actual removal from the archive,
> > correct?
>
> I don't want to get ahead of ourselves until we're sure that there's
> consensus, but the procedure would normally be:
>
>  1. Release team: reconfigure britney2 to remove mipsel from testing
>  2. ftp-team remove architecture from testing and associated queues and
>  perform any needed cleanup
>  3. ftp-team remove architecture from unstable and experimental and
>  associated queues + cleanup

It might be a good idea to have a 3 year gap between 2. and 3.

mipsel/bookworm is (security) supported by Debian until mid-2026.

Currently all MIPS buildds are shared between mips64el and mipsel.

Separate build infrastructures with differently configured buildds
running on different types of hardware between unstable/experimental
and oldstable/stable for the same architecture is something that
might not be a good idea.

> Mark

cu
Adrian