On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 03:10:42PM +0100, Ansgar wrote:
Please avoid producing different results depending on the build
environment. That just results in non-reproducible issues in unclean
environments (suddenly different dependencies, different features,
...).

I think that is an acceptable tradeoff at this time; the only difference will be the dependencies, but that is the intent. Automated buildd packages should be stable. Based on further experience and feedback, one of the other options could be chosen instead. (I'm particularly interested in hearing from people who compare the different builds on arm, as that is where there's been an assertion of a performance regression.)