Hi

According to the mirror list

https://www.debian.org/distrib/archive

it should be possible to reach archive.debian.org via rsync, however
this fails for me.  Is this intentional, or can this be fixed?

Further it seems mirrors are out of sync.  I noticed that several
mirrors lack buster.  According to timestamps on archive.debian.org
these directories were added on 2024-03-10 -- is it usual for mirror
delays to be this long?

Seeing mirror functionality being uncertain, I have started to track
archive.debian.org as a Git-LFS repository on gitlab.com.  Until rsync
access against archive.debian.org is operational, this is based on
mirror's content which may be stale. I hope to figure out which rsync
mirror has the latest version, and keep this updated going forward.

https://gitlab.com/debdistutils/archives/debian/archive.debian.org

/Simon