Am 06.05.24 um 12:15 schrieb Barak A. Pearlmutter:
We have two separate issues here:

a/ /tmp-on-tmpfs
b/ time based clean-up of /tmp and /var/tmp

I think it makes sense to discuss/handle those separately.

Agreed.

I also don't see any issue with a/, at worst people will be annoyed
with it for some reason and can then change it back.

I forgot to mention, that while I was sceptical of /tmp-on-tmpfs in the past, I nowadays basically enable it everywhere, even on smaller systems like PIs.
So it's a change I support.

I did run into odd issues like autopkgtest filling up /tmp and then various programs like Firefox behaving oddly and worked around this by using TMPDIR=/var/tmp for stuff that needed larger tmp files.