On Tue, 07 May 2024 22:29:30 +0100, Richard Lewis
<richard.lewis.deb...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>Holger Levsen <hol...@layer-acht.org> writes:
>> I'm a bit surprised how many people seem to really rely on data in /tmp
>> to survive for weeks or even months. I wonder if they backup /tmp?
>
>I use /tmp for things that fall somewhere between "needs a backup" and
>"unimportant, can be deleted whenever".

For me there is a difference between /tmp and /var/tmp. On all my
systems, /tmp has been a tmpfs for decades, /var/tmp being used for
data that is too large for tmpfs.

Even losing /tmp would probably affect some of my running programs
including the X11 session.

Greetings
Marc
Rhein-Neckar, DE   |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |
Nordisch by Nature | Lt. Worf, TNG "Rightful Heir" | Fon: *49 6224 1600402