Good morning/day/evening,

TL;DR version
  Where is the systemd-dev package for regular Bookworm? The only package
  that show up is systemd-dev/stable-backports 254.5-1~bpo12+3 all and if
  I try and install that, it seems like it wants to uninstall most of my
  system in the process.

Roundabout version
  I have to, for work, mess around a lot with OSTree, and most of that
  work I have punted out into VMs. For unknown reasons, iSCSI stopped
  working from my two NAS, so I ended up learning about Kerberos and
  eventually got KDC running and with that, krb5-NFS4 from the NAS' to my
  workstation and virt-hosts.

  VMs are qcow2 images in an NFS4 share mounted on my two Intel NUC
  virt-hosts and workstation so I can migrate VMs. Bookworm 6.1 kernel has
  major issues with that, giving hung task timeouts that render the VM
  unresponsive and leave the qemu process unkillable. Tried the 6.6 kernel
  for Bookworm and that has the same issue.

  Upstream 6.8.9 and 6.9.0 does not have that issue, but in the process of
  building that, I understood that Xen might now be another virt option
  open. However - the Xen shipped in Bookworm has *major* issues with
  kernel 6.8.9 or 6.9. As in 1.1TiB of system-logs in three hours and
  numerous reboots major.

  Sooo.. I am looking for the systemd-dev package for Bookworm so that I
  can build the latest upstream Xen that *hopefully* does not generate
  quite so much logs. KVM does work fine, but I like to tinker with things
  and it has been a while since I used Xen (employer reasons) so I want to
  reacquaint myself with it.

  This is why I am asking about systemd-dev. All the other Xen
  dependencies seems to be available, so this is the last piece of the
  puzzle.

--
Kind regards,

/S