On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 08:13:50PM +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:
> When should we remove these outdated translations?
> What's your oppinion?

I am neither a translator nor am I involved too much with i18n, but
personally, I'd rather have current English docs than outdated docs in
other languages. There is not much that is more anoying than outdated
docs.

If we're reasonably honest to ourselves, noone is going to get far in
Debian without at least basic knowledge of English, so I'd rather have
the web server deliver a current English page than a translated page
that shows content that has been superseded in Debian's native language
for weeks.

How does, for example, /security work? Will the German page show
today's DSA automatically?

Greetings
Marc