Package: lintian
Version: 1.23.41
Severity: normal

Lintian checks if files have an rpath set, and warns if they do, unless
it is set to /usr/lib/packagename.  This is incorrect for games, they
would need it to /usr/lib/games/packagename.  This means
- games get warnings if they don't do anything wrong
- games don't get warnings if they put their files in the wrong place

There are two possible solutions:
- check if a package is in the games section, and require the rpath to
  be to the correct directory depeding on that.
- if this might lead to too many false positives, simply allow
  /usr/lib/games/packagename rpaths for all packages.

Unfortunately I can't provide a patch, as I don't speak perl, but the
fix should be applied to the rpath paragraph in checks/binaries, line
216.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html