On 2022-02-23 07:21, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi,
> It would be helpful to run parallel/HPC performance testing for our MPI
> numerical packages.

Am Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 01:06:30PM +0100 schrieb Anton Gladky:
It is a very good idea!

+1

Though I would separate this task from QA-work on Debian Science
packages.

I support that this is a separate idea.  If you ask me it should
be ranked even higher.

If you want, we could apply one-more project (something
like HPC-testing of MPI-based science packages) and point special
requirements for possible applicants. Feel free to propose a text
for that. Thanks again!

I'd look forward to such a project but my capacity to become involved is
limited and I also need to admit that I have no real competence if it
comes to HPC and MPI questions.

We can share the load, you can provide back-up supervision if I'm offline camping during summer :)

What I'm envisioning shouldn't require MPI programming as such. It's more about setting up a test management system to get the MPI programs to test themselves. Shell scripting as much as anything, maybe python for extracting numbers from output files.

Drew