On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Marc Shapiro <marcns...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the applets that you can add to the panel is an application
> launcher.  Once you have the application launcher on the panel you can
> modify its settings to add any application from the menu to the launcher.
>  If you need to add something that is not on the menu (i.e. a non-debian
> application, a script running in a terminal, etc) then you will have to
> make your own .desktop file.  the best place to put that, IMHO, is in
> .local/share/applications in your home directory.  That will then show up
> in the LXDE menu under 'Other' so that you can then add it to a launcher on
> a panel.  I have done this to add launchers for Firefox and Thunderbird,
> which I prefer over Iceweasel and Icedove.

Thanx Marc, I almost an happy camper now, I do have my xterm button in an
app-launcher in my pannel.

Now I can't make my own app thigs, I never got the 'other' things in the
add/remove pannel item.

Here is my $HOME/.local.share.applications/MyApp.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Name=MyApp
Type=application
Comment=My App comment
Exec=/usr/bin/cat
Terminal=true
Category=Utility

I loged out and in and I can never add this App, if someone has an idea.

One another missing things (dunno if I screwed my config at some points)
I'd like have my scollbar moving with the mouse wheel, that I dunno how to
setup (or restore if I broke it).

I know how to setup an auto focus (follow mouse) things like that but the
mouse wheel, I am lost :)

I am almost ready for the future, i.e leave all thise bells&wistle wm for
things much simpler.

This .desktop setting reminds me teh CDE era, and that's fine with me :)

Cheers,
Phi