Yes, I have seen that mail 1 hour ago, and I think that issue is occurred by
improper hinting, sub-pixel order and DPI.
my browser(Epiphany 3.24.4 and Chromium 63.0.3230.0, which is compiled into my
system, and I have all custom fontconfig value to see text clearly) has no
problem which said by Kim, but as you mentioned Kim's message came from the
mailing list, there are possibility to bring bad experience to many person if
wrong values exist. many users do not know where they can see font setting
value, and they do not want to know how to set and to pay attention for gaining
more clear text.

so I agree your opinion that, we, korean users need to participate
testing and evaluating environment, based on Noto-sans-applied ubuntu
distribution for better readability experience. and then later, I
believe that we can get shiny and clear text by your own valuable work.
I recommend you Gunnar, to 'strongly request' to many Korean users, to
test new-comer feature(Noto-sans-as-a-default) which could be shipped on
the next LTS version.

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  Switch to Noto Sans as default font for Japanese and/or Korean?

Status in language-selector package in Ubuntu:

  In Ubuntu 16.04 Noto Sans CJK is the default font for rendering
  Chinese. After having struggled with a few issues, I believe that we
  finally achieved the desired improvement of the rendering experience.

  So now I ask: Is there an interest from Japanese and Korean users to
  consider a switch to Noto Sans? (The fonts are already installed for
  all users on Ubuntu 16.04.)