In such case, the inclusion of the license is required.

Also, ideally, the 3rd party source code should be retained as separate
source files so we could keep the license header on each file. If they are
code snippet, then it is a bit of a grey area and we should attribute the
source in license (a practice I've seen in other projects)

See
https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party
https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a
"
4. Minor modifications/additions to third-party source files should
typically be licensed under the same terms as the rest of the third-party
source for convenience.

5. The project's PMC should deal with major modifications/additions to
third-party source files on a case-by-case basis."

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3945+Freedom+Cir+%23260,+Santa+Clara,+CA+95054/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/age/0.6.0.rc0/