Thank you Cos for the reply, we will take a look at YCSB. :)

Hao

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Boudnik [mailto:c...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 2:33 PM
To: dev@bigtop.apache.org
Subject: Re: HiBench as part of Bigtop

Hi Hao.

Thanks for your interest in the project and for considering us as the new home
for this benchmarking tool! We already have YCSB as the part of stack, but
clearly the more the merrier ;)

A quick look at the source code shows that HiBench is already licensed under
ASL2, so the rest of it should be just a SMOP ;) As you know, we do package all
our components for both deb and rpm package managers, deployment code, as well
as do have requirements for package and integration testing. I think the good
starting point would be to take a look at YCSB

    bigtop-packages/src/*/ycsb/
    bigtop-deploy/puppet/modules/ycsb/

and/or other components in the stack. This link
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+Contribute

should also be helpful to understand the process of contributing into the
project. And you already found dev@ list, so you'll set ;)

I wonder how others in the community see this?
  Cos