On 10 March 2015 at 18:14, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
> It's not a secret - it was disclosed on a public mailing list (this one)
> :).
> Currently a login is required to be able to compile the list of projects
> you are affiliated with, and it is kept pmcs only because it only makes
> sense for PMC members. Seccondly, it is not geared for "anonymous" viewing
> simply because the data compilation does not scale well. It can handle some
> 5,000 people knowing about it, but not 5,000,000 people :).
> Thirdly, this is a tool for generating a board report, not an activity
> monitor meant for the public. I wrote it to serve the PMCs, and the PMCs
> may or may not choose to have mailing list data publicly available, that is
> not for me to decide.

OK got it, a very valid reason.

> What we _could_ do publicly is tie some of the gathered information into
> the new projects.apache.org site, and provide it through there
> (committership/PMC changes for instance as well as release data), but I am
> at the edge of what I'm willing to single-handedly do for that project (it
> was never meant to be a one-man project), so I'll need someone else to step
> in and collaborate with me on that.

Sounds like a hint to me. I would like to see the mail graphs public as
they are a a good barometer for the communities.

I my skills is suited, I volunteer to help you, even though it will be in
form of patches since I believe I do not have karma.

Can you give me some pointers offlist (I will come on hipchat later).

rgds
jan I.