One thing you may consider as well is helping out the effort
in Tika to support machine translation. We are working on a
Joshua and Moses based translator and we have plug-ins to the
Google API and to the Bing API and to Lingo24.

I’m sure the Tika community would be happy to help with this -
could be a nice integration with OpenOffice too.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect