On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 5:42 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 October 2015 at 06:58, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:
>> ok, if you stay only on PMC composition information, please just remove the
>> LDAP part: this only adds confusion
>
> That's not what I am suggesting.
>
>> adding another section is useful if it's about another information: I thought
>> information about count of committers was useful (even if not always easy to
>> know which are the few TLPs who let every ASF committer commit)
>
> The LDAP unix group section is potentially useful for the board, as it
> may relate to changes in the committer roster.
> However, as you say, it does not apply to all TLPs.
> Also rarely are inactive committers removed.
> Maybe the best would be to include a note to this effect.

I see it as adding more confusion than insight.  And in any case, the
whimsy board agenda tool provides a direct link to the roster tool's
page for the PMC associated with the report which provides more than
raw numbers, as it will actually indicate what the differences are.
Here's an index of such pages:

https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/

>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé