      From: Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
 To: ComDev <dev@community.apache.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:17 PM
 Subject: Re: Help Wanted! (it's a title, not a request!)

Hi!

I wanted to amplify Ross' concerns, but I wasn't sure how to cast
it in an actionable way. As the luck would have it -- now I do. So
here's what I'm struggling with: as many of you should know by
now there's a live event schedule for Feb 19-21:
    http://hackillinois.org/opensource
    https://hackillinois.org/

Think of it as Google Summer of Code, but done live and on a much
more compressed schedule. I got invited there to help facilitate student
contributions to the ASF projects. I have a wide exposure to at least
Big Data ASF ecosystem so I can guide them through the basics and
I can help with mechanics of contributing to ASF. That's all good.

The only thing I can NOT do all by myself is figure out how different
ASF communities would like to leverage this free labor (and hopefully
build lasting relationships with some of these students). My thought was
to do what we typically do for GSoC -- reach out to all these communities
and suggest that they either tell me how to get the list of 'low hanging fruit'
JIRAs/ideas or suggest they tag the ones they would like me to offer
to students with 'hackillinois2016' tag. Pretty easy hand off.

Now with the http://helpwanted.a.o/entering the picture how do you suggest
I frame this ask I was about to send out today?

Thanks,
Roman.