Apologies. At least the first sentence, and first half of the second is true.
Catching up on a long thread and obviously being lost in who said what.

Back to the main point of the thread :

We should be aware that human nature means we recognize and reward behavior
that looks like our own behavior. This results in a reinforcement of the status
quo. It doesn't change things.

We should not be accepting damaging behavior.

We should be calling out mistakes, preferably privately as people don't usually
mean harm. If we are called out we should consider if it's appropriate,
apologize and move on. Most importantly we should seek to change that behavior.

As someone who is least affected by this issue I know how hard it is to change
a behavior that my society has accepted for all of my privileged life. Beating
people up for who they are is not how we make a difference. I, and others like
me, did not choose to be white, male and English speaking. However, we can
choose to be aware of the privilege this brings us. We must seek to break the
behaviors of a lifetime.

Recognizing the effort in others to learn and adapt, even if imperfect, is how
we make a difference.

I know from personal experience that this leads to positive action (as opposed
to talk). Thesr people (and certainly I) will make mistakes, but it doesn't
mean they are a part of the problem by choice.

Help them learn. Help them adapt.

Ross